Give it a go; you know you want to

As a Journalist student using this blog to gain a sense of how to write, what to write about and to generally gain some experience I am going to bore you with this tool. I will bombard you with film reviews, books reviews, news and every now and then my opinions on life in general (this may be more often than you expect). But don't let this put you off, I'm sure you will find something of interest which will entertain and perhaps even draw a few laughs.

Monday 10 June 2013

Yesterday...

... was a very bad day for dieting, but I didn't expect it to be any different. It was birthday celebrations for my brother so it was BBQ day! The weather held out and I ate loads, but I didn't do quite as badly calorie-wise as I had expected. My downfall was alcohol, ooops. Seeing as I got in exceptionally late last night you will again be treated to two posts today, one about yesterday and todays.

But before you get the opportunity to be overly jealous about all the food I munched yesterday as promised here is the photograph of my pretty new Primark skirt. Its lovely floaty material with a short underskirt so the whole world can't see your nicnics. Added bonus, the elastic waist meant I could munch loads without feeling uncomfortable afterwards.

£12 skirt from Primark - Love it!

Food diary time!

Breakfast
Weetabix cereal bar (chocolate) = 70 calories

Lunch
BBQ party times
1 Quorn burger = 98 calories
1 Quorn sausage = 70 calories
2 buns = 280 calories
2 small jacket potatoes = 180 calories
3 cheese slices = 135 calories
Fried onions = 50 calories
Cous cous = 80 calories
Small portion of pizza = 80 calories
Small slice cheesecake = 250 calories
Calypo = 70 calories

Alcohol
2 Carling = 250 calories
2 dry white wine = 230 calories

Total = 1780 calories

So basically if I hadn't had alcoholic beverages or dessert then I would have still made it under my 1000 calorie target give or take. So all in all I am quite happy!

Watch out for this evenings blog post...


No comments:

Post a Comment