Give it a go; you know you want to

As a Journalist student using this blog to gain a sense of how to write, what to write about and to generally gain some experience I am going to bore you with this tool. I will bombard you with film reviews, books reviews, news and every now and then my opinions on life in general (this may be more often than you expect). But don't let this put you off, I'm sure you will find something of interest which will entertain and perhaps even draw a few laughs.

Saturday 8 June 2013

I'm back...

... just like I said I would be. Back and taking my diet seriously! So last time I went for a check up at the doctors I discovered I'd put on all the weight I'd lost and was so miffed. I hadn't realised I'd put it all back on and was trying to convince myself that I'd only put 2 stone back on, but no such luck. My next appointment is mid July so here's to getting well under 16 stone by then!

I'd like to get looking like this again, as this photo was taken after I'd lost over 2 stone last year (my shorts are too big here)

So today is the first day of a new me and here's what the new me has eaten!

Breakfast
2x Tesco Everyday Value white bread (toasted) = 210 calories
Garlic and herb Philadelphia = 46 calories

Lunch
Due to going shopping I was naughty and only snacked! But on low calorie snacks, so not too bad.
Tesco Everyday Value Onion Rings (crisps) = 70 calories
Weight Watchers caramel cake bar = 88 calories

Dinner
Homemade Quorn steak balti = 238 calories
Sweet potato (jacketed) = 172 calories
Orange juice and Sprite Zero (mix) = 22 calories

Evening Snack
To get rid of the last extra special over 100 calorie-a-pop treats I ate the last Milky Bar.
Milky Bar = 137 calories

Total Calories = 983 calories

And don't panic if you don't think I'm including my drinks! Today I only had black coffee and sugar-free-under-a-calorie pop, and very little of it. I do need to train myself into drinking more water and I will. Promise. I also did a bit of exercise, which apart from walking I have done very little of for like a year nearly (I know, I'm shocking). So today I did sit-ups for the very first time (they probably weren't very good ones but I tried) and I lifted my little girly weights, 80 reps each arm.

On the shopping front I treated myself to a lovely maxi skirt from Primark to get into the summer spirit, which makes me very happy. As I am planning on wearing it tomorrow (if the weather allows me) I shall be posting a picture for you all to see my summer find. I am going to apologise in advance if the weather is shocking tomorrow, if it is its because I bought my summer skirt, blame me!

Now to enjoy my Milky Bar while watching Saturday night TV... Casualty followed by whatever tickles my fancy on DVD.

See you tomorrow with a food diary update and photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment