Give it a go; you know you want to

As a Journalist student using this blog to gain a sense of how to write, what to write about and to generally gain some experience I am going to bore you with this tool. I will bombard you with film reviews, books reviews, news and every now and then my opinions on life in general (this may be more often than you expect). But don't let this put you off, I'm sure you will find something of interest which will entertain and perhaps even draw a few laughs.

Monday 10 June 2013

Today...

... has been a very long day. Its well and truly horrible when you get hungry and try to avoid overeating because you don't want to use up too many calories on a snack. Fortunately I had a plan today when this happened; I had an alternative option for tea which saved me 100 calories I could use to treat myself with (aren't I a clever girl). Finding bread with 51 calories in a slice made my day! Hello Warburtons Nimble, welcome to my diet cupboard essentials.

I know what you're thinking, why on earth didn't she just do some exercise the lazy so-and-so? Yes I know I can be lazy but after falling down the stairs yesterday I though maybe squats and weight lifts were a little bit inappropriate. So no I have a lovely bruised elbow and a sprained ankle, which I'm probably lucky is the worst of it; at the time it felt like a lot more damage than that!

Food times
Breakfast
Ski raspberry yoghurt = 118 calories

Lunch
Smoky ham Quorn slice = 34 calories
2 slices Warburtons Nimble = 102 calories
Quavers = 88 calories

Dinner
Tesco Everyday Value Spaghetti in tomato sauce = 200 calories
3 slices Warburtons Nimble toast = 153 calories

Snacks
Grapes = 67 calories
Weight Watchers carrot cake slice = 84 calories

Total = 843 calories

While I was at my nans house today I thought it was best to get myself on the scales and double check I hadn't put on even more weight since the last time I went to the doctors. I haven't. I am still 16 stone and 2 pounds. Now I know what I weigh its time to decide how much I want to lose. I think I'd love to get down to around 11 stone, a nice healthy weight for my 5 ft 8 self.

Tonight is a night dedicated to me and taking it easy on my ridiculously sore ankle, so I have a big decision to make... what television box set do I watch?! Big, big decision.

Tonight is a girly night to myself

But the big question is, which of these box sets do I put on?!

I have a funny feeling it could be a night of Thundercats while munching my grapes. Sounds good to me!

Tomorrow will also be a day of job hunting and writing as I need to get on the ball and do something with my life. I can no longer wallow away in my self pity in my bedroom, I will find something. And hopefully having something to do will distract me from eating.

Tomorrow's post is looking thrilling already with an update on job applications and more dieting! It's like following the life of a student whose just finished their final year at uni and struggling to find a job... Oh that's right, thats exactly what this is! See you tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment